This is work in progress.
The main genres are:
- nar: Narratives (sagas, fiction)
- rel: Religious texts (bible, sermons)
- sci: Science (linguistics, natural sciences, history)
- for: Formal texts (law, formal letters)
- bio: Biographical material (biographies, travelogues)
Further subclassification is reflected in the extended genre label. For example nar-sag means narrative-saga and rel-bib means religious text-bible. The sub-classification resembles the Helsinki Corpus genres to some extent.