Difference between revisions of "Icelandic Parsed Historical Corpus (IcePaHC)"
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
For the version 0.9 release of August
For the version 0.9 release of August 2011.
Revision as of 07:20, 29 August 2011
This is the wiki for the Icelandic Parsed Historical Corpus (IcePaHC) (The Icelandic Treebank). It is mostly used to document the annotation standard for those constructing and using the corpus. The annotation scheme for the Icelandic corpus is mostly compatible with the Penn historical corpora, and the guidelines here are written as a supplement to the Penn guidelines, so look at Beatrice Santorini's guidelines for further information.
You can download the Icelandic corpus from the download page. The corpus is released under a free and open source license (LGPL) and there is no registration wall. The current release is version 0.9 of 1,002,390 words total from every century between the 12th and the 21st centuries inclusive. All of the text for version 1.0 is already included but some minor corrections remain to be finished. We recommend use of released versions to ensure that results can be replicated but between releases you can watch the development at Github.
- Phrase Types
- Head Types
- Clause level constituents
- Treatment of individual words
- Empty categories
- Splitting and joining words
- Construction-based corrections
For the version 0.9 release of August 29th 2011.
Wallenberg, Joel C., Anton Karl Ingason, Einar Freyr Sigurðsson and Eiríkur Rögnvaldsson. 2011. Icelandic Parsed Historical Corpus (IcePaHC). Version 0.9. http://www.linguist.is/icelandic_treebank
- Icelandic Syntax Phenomena
- Syntactic definitions
- English-Icelandic Translations of Linguistic Terminology
- Annotation Issues ...
- Annotation Process
- MediaWiki Formatting Guide
- Annotald a new annotation tool for parsed corpora, currently under developmemt.
- Icelandic Resources for doing Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing
- Treebank Resources (language independent)
- Tycho Brahe Parsed Corpus of Historical Portuguese
- Penn Parsed Corpora of Historical English
- Parsed Corpora for other languages
- Joel Wallenberg (PI) (email@example.com)
- Eiríkur Rögnvaldsson (PI) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Anton Karl Ingason (email@example.com)
- Einar Freyr Sigurðsson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brynhildur Stefánsdóttir (BA research assistant)
- Hulda Óladóttir (BA research assistant)
The project within which the Icelandic corpus is constructed is funded in part by the following grants:
- From the Icelandic Research Fund (RANNÍS), grant nr. 090662011, Viable Language Technology beyond English – Icelandic as a test case.
- From the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) International Research Fellowship Program (IRFP), grant #OISE-0853114, Evolution of Language Systems: a comparative study of grammatical change in Icelandic and English
- From the University of Iceland Research Fund (Rannsóknasjóður Háskóla Íslands), grant Icelandic Diachronic Treebank (Sögulegur íslenskur trjábanki)